Wednesday, September 18, 2013

That time I made a wedding cake: Part Two


This is the ugly truth, friends-- this was only the first batch of cake made over the past two days. Note the everpresent cup of coffee in the lower left-hand corner... it was a tough couple of days, this wedding cake baking thing.

I may have allowed myself to have a spoonful of batter from each of the first two batches of batter (quality control!), coupled that with coffee, and called it lunch. This is the beauty of being an adult, right?

Meanwhile, someone waited patiently at the edge of the kitchen for a "cookie." This is the look I get when I use the "c-word." Yes, I have to spell it out in front of guests so that she doesn't think she's getting a treat when I'm serving C-O-O-K-I-E-S.

I'm going to be bomb at this spelling thing when I have kids.

And, finally, 3.5 dozen eggs and 6 cans of pumpkin puree later, a freezer filled with cake. We've got Flour bakery's Nutmeg Spice Cake (recipe coming soon!), Joy the Baker's Pumpkin Spice Cake (with some espresso powder thrown in for the bride's taste to make a pumpkin mocha cake-- recipe coming soon, too!), and Smitten Kitchen's Apple Cake.

Tomorrow: frosting!



No comments:

Post a Comment