Thursday, September 19, 2013

That time I made a wedding cake: Part Three


... and this is only the half of it. Literally.

That's right! Frosting day! Between white chocolate buttercream, vanilla buttercream, and cream cheese frosting, there was no issue--Elizabeth and Mark were all over the idea of cream cheese frosting on, well, everything. I used an adaptation of my favorite cream cheese frosting (below) from Magnolia Bakery's cookbook.

Thank goodness for Costco-size containers of cream cheese!


Powdered sugar for days. I feel like my whole body and apartment (and dog, for that matter), are
covered with powdered sugar. I sat down on my kitchen chair and a poof of sugar rose up.

Life is sweet.


Cream Cheese Frosting

Adapted from The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook

1 lb (2 8oz packages) of cream cheese, softened
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
6 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
2 tbsp meringue powder

In a large bowl of a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese and butter; beat for 2 minutes, until fluffy and combined. Add vanilla and beat well; slowly add in meringue powder and sugar, mixing well in between. Beat until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate frosting for 2 hours to thicken before frosting cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment