Friday, September 20, 2013

That time I made a a wedding cake: Part Four


The contents of my fridge as of now:
  • Kale 
  • Greek yogurt
  • Cake
  • Carrots
  • Cake
  • Seitan
  • Cake
  • Frosting
  • Cake...


Yesterday was crumb coating day-- hurrah! Look at all the pretty tiers!

Crumb coating and freezing a cake the day before you do the final frosting is a pro move (not really-- it's just how I do it). Then your pretty layer of frosting goes on super smoothly, and no icky crumbs!


... I also made too much cake... Oops.

Today I did the final layer of frosting. I have a few extra sheet cakes to serve to make sure that everyone gets a slice. Since I'll have people/caterers helping me (and they always cut HUGE slices, which is why people run out of cake), I outlined the slices and put a chocolate in the center of each as a guide. Keep in mind these are "wedding-size" slices-- they'll be served at Elizabeth and Mark's wedding alongside a dessert buffet (thank goodness!)


And after putting the final sugary touches on the tiers today, this is how I feel:

(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment