I'm just a twenty-something woman who loves life-- a baker/ musician/ cyclist/ runner/ traveler/ graduate student/ cancer researcher/ hostess-with-the-most-ess who's out to make a difference, one cookie/ note/ pedal stroke/ step/ trip/ experiment/ dinner party at a time.
I try to be a lady... but I often fail and act like a 13-year-old boy. We all have our moments.
Born and raised in Chicago, I took a detour through Iowa for college before ending up in southeast Minnesota, pursuing my PhD in biomedical sciences.
I live with my dog, Roo, who is named after the character in Winnie the Pooh (NOT after "roux," the base for a sauce-- keep it straight!). I'm about 99% sure she's smarter than I am.
Here, you'll find recipes, entertaining tips, stories from my life, and non sequiturs.
A few more quick facts:
- I love bullet pointed lists.
- I believe in old-fashioned etiquette and niceties... most of the time.
- Thank you notes are, in my mind, a requirement-- especially handwritten on lovely stationery and snail mailed.
- If I ran the world, napping would be a competitive sport.
- I enjoy dressing up for work and pretending I know what I'm doing.
- Boys are a Nancy Drew mystery.
- I am a master of falling/tripping, even when there's nothing there... but I always get right back up.
- Chipotle and Caribou Coffee are my kryptonite.
- I can only keep running if I sign up for races or fundraise; otherwise I revert to the strenuous task of sitting on the couch watching Bones.
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is a literary masterpiece.