Friday, June 7, 2013

Knockoff Trader Joe's Guilt-free Guacamole Recipe


Well, friends, I'm still out of town, which means that I had no farmer's market action this week. Luckily, our city in Minnesota just started a Sunday market in addition to the Saturday market which means that, despite the fact that I'll be getting back Saturday night, I won't go another week market less-- score!

In the meantime, I have a delicious, healthy recipe for you (well, provided you're not like me and decide to eat the whole bowl in one fell swoop!). I'm hooked on Trader Joe's Guilt-less Guacamole, a light avocado-pico dip that has a good dose of greek yogurt for an extra protein kick. Sure to be my go-to this summer!



Because I can't leave well enough alone, though, I wanted to try my hand at this avocado awesomeness. I mean, Subway is going bonkers with the green stuff, so why can't we?

It's a simple guacamole, with yogurt thrown in, and some cucumber to cool it down (if you're like me and OD'd on the jalapeƱo). I imagine this would be great on a sandwich or wrap, with some fresh lettuce, tomato, chipotle chicken/tofu, and cheese! Get it!



Knockoff Trader Joe's Guilt-free Guacamole Recipe

4 hass avocados, ripe
6 oz nonfat greek yogurt
1 tomato, diced
3 shallots, diced finely
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cucumber, diced
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
1 jalapeno, finely diced

Into a large bowl, scoop out the avocados; add the lime juice, and mash to desired consistency with a fork. Stir in the greek yogurt, and mix in the remaining ingredients. Serve chilled with chips and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment