Monday, October 14, 2013

Pin there, done that!: Chocolate Orange Cake


Well, I'm still here, and still recovering from the wedding cake experience! You'd think I was sick of cakes after that, but here I am, back with another one!


Okay, okay. I'm cheating. I totally made this cake back in August for my brother's graduate school graduation. He's a big fan of citrus and chocolate (and loves the two together), so I made him this lovely orange cake from Sweetapolita and topped it with my favorite chocolate buttercream from Our Best Bites. I'd call it a success!


The combination of the super-rich chocolate frosting and the dense orange cake brings to mind one thing: Terry's chocolate oranges. I wouldn't advise smashing this cake to get started on eating it, though (unless you have a dropcloth!)

Happy Monday, friends!




1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that cake looks (and sounds!) amazing! I love the orange chocolate combo.

    ReplyDelete