Monday, September 16, 2013

A Spiderman Birthday Cake (and how I'm going to be the worst mother ever)


So I've been offline quite a bit lately-- living life, baking tons of cakes, writing, and job-hunting like a crazy person. I did pump the breaks this weekend to make this Spiderman birthday cake for a colleague's granddaughter. It was so sweet to see her face light up when her grandma and mom brought her by top pick up the cake!

A three-year-old girl pretending to shoot spiderweb out of her wrist? Kind of the cutest thing ever.

 
Of course, another coworker brought her babies in today, and I proceeded to have this chat with a friend (yes, I was bad and was on GChat instead of writing-- so sue me):

Me: Nothing worse than baby noises.
Friend: HAHA!!!
Me: I like little kids. I don't like babies-- they're useless until they can talk back. :P
Friend: Then you had better adopt, lol.
Me: It's not the babies. It's the cooing. 
Me: Dude, I am going to be the worst mother ever. Zero maternal instinct. I'm going to be like one of those baboons on animal planet that ignores their baby until it can walk.
 
Yep. This biological clock ain't ticking yet... I'll stick with the dog and making cakes for cute toddlers.
 
On that note... Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment