Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Livin' in the fast lane; or, Mixed Summer Veggie Quinoa Salad


So, the exams are around the corner, and my calendar is packed with work, studying, and a few fun things (Relay for Life-- Donate!-- and the Color Run!)


However, I refuse to cave and nuke Lean Cuisines for dinner. I just don't know what's in there... and no matter how busy I get, that still creeps me out.

So here's a shortcut: take an hour to cook up a bunch of quinoa or rice, slice and marinate some tofu, and chop up some veggies. Keep them in containers in your fridge, and mix and match with salad dressings. 5 minute meals throughout the week. Fresh, delicious... and no preservatives (which keeps your inner hippie happy).


This particular bowl was a success. Avocado, cherry heirloom tomatoes, green beans, asparagus, red kidney beans, quinoa, and a lemon-mustard vinaigrette. For the win.

This is how I'm living right now, dear friends. Working hard, playing hard... and living right.


No comments:

Post a Comment