I've decided to do two things this week: post only recipes involving strawberries (since my friends and I have picked so dang many!), and to make a summer bucket list.
My bucket list involves:
- Going to a drive-in movie theatre
- Tubing with friends
- Taking a road trip with a killer playlist
- Picking TONS of berries-- and eating only berries for an entire day with no guilt
- Saying "yes" to everything for a day (frightening)
- Saying "no" to everything I don't want to do for a day (empowering)
- Throwing an old-fashioned pajama party with the girls and staying up all night
- Hosting a "Tour de Franz" (running back and forth between friends' apartments and mine while sampling boxed wines and wearing mustache tattoos)
- Buying a new novel, going to a coffee shop, and sitting outside sipping iced americanos while reading an entire book in one fell swoop
- Go to a music festival and be the first one dancing
- Putting the strangest things I can think of into cookies and sharing them with you
Oatmeal Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups uncooked oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
Preheat oven to 325F.
Cream together butter and sugars in a mixer. Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla, mixing after each one.
In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients; add incrementally to wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and strawberries (emphasis on FOLD-- otherwise, your cookies will be pink).
Place by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove, cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute; transfer to a cooling rack.