Monday, April 30, 2012

And now, back to our program; or, The Ultimate Turtle Cupcakes

While I was AWOC (absent without computer), I made you cupcakes. But I couldn't get in touch with you, so I fed them to my friends and labmates instead.


These treats couldn't be simpler. Start with a nice, deep, dark chocolate cupcake, like these.


Cut out the center of the cake and fill with a super-simple, decadent turtle filling.

How simple? Just buy a jar of caramel ice cream topping and stir in lightly roasted, salted pecans.
 


About half of that bowl of filling ended up in my stomach. True story.


Top with a dark chocolate frosting-- I used this recipe, which is my go-to -- and drizzle more caramel and sprinkle pecans on top.

Oooh, man.


And it just keeps getting better...


Note that as soon as you make these, you MUST get them out of your house. I almost called them "The Ultimate Crack Cupcakes," but figured that that would not be politically correct.

Get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment