Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wait, how many more days of matzah?; or, Double Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes


I made you some mocha cupcakes, with the help of Joy the Baker's enJOY program.


I made them for you, photographed them... then forgot about them. Until Passover began, of course, and I *happened* to upload these pictures onto my computer.


Let me tell you, looking at these and remembering how gosh dang good they were was torture.

So now, I'm passing them along to you.


I added chocolate chips to Joy's recipe. Because I could.


This recipe makes the deepest, darkest, chocolate-y-est cake I have EVER had in my life. And I've eaten a LOT of chocolate cake in my short twenty-something life.


Oooh, only two more days until I can make and consume these! Challenge accepted!


Double Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes


Adapted from ENJOY! From Joy the Baker


For the cupcakes:
1 cup plus 2 tbsp flour
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup double dark dutch cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp instant espresso
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup almondmilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven through 325F. Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.

Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl, and slowly mix in to dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 25 minutes; remove and allow to cool completely.

Once cooled, frost with chocolate buttercream and top with chocolate sprinkles. Eat with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment