Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dance like nobody's watching; Or, Operation Summer Bucket List Continues


About a week ago, knowing that I wanted to hit up a music festival this summer, my Gentleman Caller (as he shall heretoforth be known) took me to the inaugural River's Edge Music Festival on Harriet Island in St. Paul, MN. It was a GORGEOUS day.

I love music festivals. It's always great to see old favorites, like Motion City Soundtrack (whom I had already seen about 1000000000000 times).


And check out new groups, like Gardens and Villa (adding them to my summer rotation-- check them out!


The BEST part, though was, after nine years of loving and listening to their music like a crazy fangirl, I FINALLY got to see Scissor Sisters! IT WAS AMAZING. I will DEFINITELY be seeing them next time they come through the area! Definitely a live band.

There are no pictures from that one. Gentleman Caller and I were too busy being the first to dance our butts off and make idiots of ourselves.


SUMMER BUCKET LIST
  1. Going to a drive-in movie theatre
  2. Tubing with friends
  3. Taking a road trip with a killer playlist
  4. Picking TONS of berries-- and eating only berries for an entire day with no guilt
  5. Saying "yes" to everything for a day (frightening)
  6. Saying "no" to everything I don't want to do for a day (empowering)
  7. Throwing an old-fashioned pajama party with the girls and staying up all night
  8. Hosting a "Tour de Franz" (running back and forth between friends' apartments and mine while sampling boxed wines and wearing mustache tattoos)
  9. Buying a new novel, going to a coffee shop, and sitting outside sipping iced americanos while reading an entire book in one fell swoop
  10. Go to a music festival and be the first one dancing
  11. Putting the strangest things I can think of into cookies and sharing them with you.
  12. Learn to make one signature cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment