Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'll sleep when I'm dead; or, Easy Bean Salad


Does this feel like the longest week ever, in the history of mankind, or is it just me?

Yeah. It's all me. Figured.

Last night, our DetermiNation team hosted a comedy night at Goonie's Comedy Club-- it went over amazingly well, thanks to our incredible team of volunteers!!! We raised over $1,000-- go team Med City! (Pictures coming soon!) Thank you so much!


I'm one of those people who gets so nervous that they can't eat or drink. I nibbled a bit, and drank some water later on throughout the night (one of the bartenders suggested throwing some vodka in the water to calm me down-- ha!)

 So, at two in the morning, I finally had dinner. Simple, easy, fast, wholesome... and followed by a few peanut butter cookies from the freezer. Win!


Easy Bean Salad

Inspired by Super Natural Every Day

1 can red kidney beans or black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup slivered almonds
Salt
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Olive Oil
Crumbled feta cheese
1 avocado, diced

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill, and serve cold over a bed of spinach or your favorite greens. Ta dah!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of this salad. Totally trying this next time I need a quick, yet hearty meal.

    ReplyDelete