Sunday, May 6, 2012

And this is why we can't have nice things; or, Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies

Let's talk about first-world problems.

Figuring out whether or not to buy cookie butter, or whether to stick to peanut butter? First world problem.

Debating whether to spring for a mocha after an 11 mile run or to go for a soy latte? Definitely a first world problem.

Determining how many of these cookies I can eat and still fit in to my little black dress tonight? Beyond a doubt-- first world problem.


I couldn't decide between two cookie recipes, so I smashed them together. I'm pretty sure the amount of peanut butter in this recipe should be illegal.


A brown-sugar peanut butter dough, loaded with chopped peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chopped peanuts. The dough itself is divine.

(I can just picture my dad running out of the kitchen screaming at this point-- he is the only person I know who hates peanut butter. But then again, the man hates oreos, too, so I'm questioning both his sanity and his taste buds).


I ran eleven miles... that means I can eat eleven of these, right?



Loaded Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
3/4 peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.  

In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, oats, salt). Slowly add in to the wet mixture until combined. Fold in the peanut butter cups, salted peanuts, and peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. 

Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to set one minute, then move to cooling rack. Serve with a HUGE glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment