Thursday, April 5, 2012

And now, back to the show; or Roasted Purple Potatoes, Parsnips, and Sweet Potatoes


After a whirlwind week of seminars, presentations, and discussions, I am back home from my conference.

Which means back to feeding myself instead of expecting others to do it for me.


I looked in my fridge and found some of my farmer's market goodies were still lookin', well, good, so I whipped up a roasted carbfest in my oven.


Gorgeous colors!


Diced, salted, peppered, and ready for the heat!


I may be crazy, but this could totally pass for modern art.


Super-simple Roasted Root Vegetable Medley


4-6 small purple potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
2 parsnips
olive oil
lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425F. Clean potatoes and parsnips; peel the parsnips, if desired. Cut vegetables into a chunky, rough dice (perfection is overrated), toss in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes, tossing vegetables halfway through. Serve alone, or atop a salad with a poached egg.

1 comment: