Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pasta de Los Angeles


Sometimes I want mexican. Sometimes I want Italian. Sometimes I just want carbs.

And sometimes I can't make up my mind.

Boy, was I relieved when I found this recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and found I wasn't the only one with crazy cravings.


So much color, so filling... and keeps well (great to live on for the next few days of qualifying exam mayhem!) I threw in mushrooms to make it feel more substantial.


Eating this will satisfy every crazy savory craving in the book.


Pasta de Los Angeles


4 ounces quinoa pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 jalapeƱos, thinly sliced
2 tsp chopped cilantro
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 tsp salt
Juice and zest of a lime
1 15 oz can pinto beans

Bring water with some salt to a boil for the pasta. Once boiling, add in pasta and cook according to directions on box.

In another skillet, combine the onion, garlic, and jalapeƱos. Cook until onions are translucent. Add in cilantro, salt, and lime zest. Stir in diced tomatoes and beans.

Once the noodles are cooked, transfer them to the skillet to finish cooking so that they can absorb some of the sauce. Add the lime juice, stir, and serve hot from the pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment