Monday, February 6, 2012

The best birthday brunch... ever.




I love being able to throw parties to get my friends together and spoil them with good food. That was certainly the plan when I went to plan my birthday brunch this year.


Little did I know that my incredibly sweet, kind friends would turn the tables.

Half of the fun for me is setting up for a party. I decided to pick a few of my favorite things to decorate around.

Antheriums:


Black and white damask:


And lots of warm, eggplanty-purple:


The menu:


Broccoli-cheddar quiche:


Cranberry coffee cake (recipe coming soon!):


Raspberry coffee cake:


Caprese skewers (inspired by Iowa Girl Eats):


Because it was a girls' brunch, I thought it would be fun to put out nail polish, magazines, and crafting materials. Friendship bracelets, anyone?


Mimosa-making supplies:

 

 Morning glory muffins:


My wonderful friends surprised me with rainbow cupcakes with clouds and a pot of "gold" Hershey's nuggets at the end of the rainbow! What goes around comes around.


Nail painting is serious business.


Lots of laughter:




And one partied-out pup:


Thanks, friends, for the loveliest birthday a girl could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment