Tuesday, January 24, 2012

White bean and roasted red pepper dip

I love hummus. Probably more than any human should. It's a daily staple for me-- along with sliced cucumber and baby carrots.

After seeing this recipe for a white bean and red pepper spread in my handy Moosewood book, I decided to try departing from my normal go-to hummus. 

Trust me-- I was afraid. All my prior attempts at homemade hummus have failed, and resulted in me running right back to Trader Joe's to pick up a tub of their magical hummus-y goodness.


This recipe couldn't be any easier.


White beans, roasted red pepper, parsley, garlic, and spices.


Stick it in a blender and go!


All in all, it turned out pretty well. Very different flavor, but equally creamy and delicious. Snack of champions!

White bean and roasted red pepper spread

Adapted from Moosewood Restaurant Low-fat Favorites


1 16 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Salt, pepper, and paprika, to taste


Combine all ingredients except for seasoning in a food processor. Pulse until creamy. Season as desired, and pulse again. Serve with fresh, crisp veggies or pita chips.

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY cracked and bought a food processor...can't wait to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a good life choice! They are so handy. And I sure hope you like this recipe-- it's a great break from normal dips, and has a really unique flavor!

      Delete