Friday, January 20, 2012

Lime Thai fried rice

Confession: I love takeout. 

Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Italian. You name it, I'll put it in my face.

The only downside of ordering takeout? Leftover rice.

I hate throwing out food. It wasn't until today, when I was flipping through a cookbook, that I found out that day old rice is awesome for fried rice.



Tons of fresh veggies, lime juice, rice vinegar, and curry powder. Perfection.


Oooh, I love produce!

Sautee olive oil, onions, garlic, and curry powder until soft.


Throw in the rest of the veggies and cook until tender.


Throw in the rice and dressing, and boom! Thai fried rice.


Lime Thai fried rice


1 cup chopped onions
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup peeled and diced carrots
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup diced red pepper
5 cups day-old cooked rice (any kind-- I used brown basmati)
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup pea sprouts
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp sriracha

In a skillet, sautee onions, garlic, and curry powder together in oil. Add in the carrots, cabbage, and pepper; cover and cook until tender (5 minutes). Add in all other ingredients and cook, stirring constantly until rice is heated.

Serve immediately with a slice of lime and additional soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment