1. Dress your pet in a festive bandana and take so many photos that you blind her.
2. Make a vat of mulled wine (Important for several reasons: makes your house smell great, guests love it, and, after a glass, you won't care that half the people can't come because they're snowed in or sick). Throw in cranberries and orange slices for good measure.
3. Put together a hot cocoa bar. Fun for kids, and adults will love it-- especially if you add bourbon.
4. Set up cookie stations. (Tip-within-a-tip: put different sprinkles and frostings on each table to force guests to mingle!)
5. Make sure you have plenty of cookies!
6. Put up your pet's stocking. Legit.
7. Ask friends to wear ugly holiday sweaters. Be sure to point out that you don't have one because there aren't any good Channukah sweaters out there. When friends note that this argument is moot, since you've decorated your house for both holidays, shove a cookie in your mouth and begin evasive maneuvers.
8. Cheese and crackers. To balance out the sugar and wine.
9. Sugar up your friends' children. Brace yourself for revenge when you someday spawn.
10. Curl up and nap off that food coma.