Friday, March 29, 2013

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've got a double whammy of trouble: it's passover, and I'm on the road. As if it's not hard enough to eat on the road (some of those coffee shop pastries are amazing!), to be dietarily restricted? Yikes! I can't imagine having to do this year-round!


Before I left (and before Passover), I made these delightful triple-chocolate chip cookies. And, honestly,  they're all I can think about right now. I know they're at home, in Minnesota, in the freezer, waiting for me...

These come together quickly and easily. They're rich, dark, and pair beautifully with a glass of almond milk. Use the best chocolate you can-- treat yourself. You'll be glad you did.

And for those other members of the tribe, I'm sorry! I had to share these... let's make them together as soon as this whole mishigas is over, okay?


Triple-Chocolate Cookies

Adapted from Flour

1/3 cup dark cocoa (I used Hershey's special dark)
1/2 cup each dark, milk, and white chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp instant espresso powder

Preheat oven to 350.

In a stand mixer, cream together butter, cocoa, and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla one at a time, beating well in between. In a separate bowl, combine other dry ingredients, and add in mixture slowly, beating well between each addition. Fold in chocolate chips, and allow dough to rest two hours to let the chocolate flavor develop (sounds silly, but true!).

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until tops start to crack. Cool for one minute on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment