With the onslaught of work I've had over the past few months, I've had to put a few things on hold-- and unfortunately, dear readers, this blog was one of them. But...
Let's start the new year off right. Here are 12 highlights of my 2012 (both food- and non-food - related).
1. I took a cake decorating class, and subsequently developed carpal tunnel. In the best way possible.
2. My friends and I all suffered through our written and oral qualifying exams. Again, cake was involved both during and after.
3. Celebrated my 24th birthday with friends and a fancy brunch. No bigs.
4. I ran my first half marathon (Med City) with the American Cancer Society's DetermiNation team... and made several wonderful friends while running for a great cause.
5. Watched my baby brother graduate from college. Crazy.
6. Ran several great races and goofed off with friends.
7. FINALLY, after over eight years of missing their tour dates, saw Scissor Sisters live.
8. Road-tripped to Montana for a friend's wedding, and found Coolio in a parking lot.
10. Met Gentleman Caller, who is patient enough to carve stupidly elaborate pumpkins with me.
11. Ugly sweater run... in Channukah sweaters!
12. And rang in the new year right.
Happy 2013, all! Here's to another great year of good food, good friends, and laughter!